I’ll just be honest: if you don’t like overly-themed, cartoon-focused stuff, you’ll have a hard time with the value resorts at Disney.
They’re very much meant for families with kiddos, so while they’re a good price, you will totally know you’re at Disney World and that the majority of attendees are families with small kids.
So, the other thing you can take from that: there are kids everywhere, and they’re usually loud. Fair warning.
Disney’s Value Resorts We Recommend for Adults
- The rooms themselves are fairly generic on the interior, but the exterior is highly Disney-animated-feeling.
- There are no on-site table service restaurants. Your options will all be quick/counter service only.
- All but one of two of the Value resorts share the bus route. This means a long haul to the park because you have to stop at all the other resorts. The ones I recommend below do NOT have that going on, and it’s one of the reasons I recommend them.
(As an aside, technically the Campsites at Ft. Wilderness are a Value-priced option, but I’m not including that in this list since camping is a different animal vs. a hotel room.)
Art of Animation
The newest of the Value resorts, Art of Animation is slightly more expensive than other Value resorts, but has a few perks the others don’t. (You should price compare them to a moderate Disney resort, though. During certain times of year, the cost difference might be negligible.)
- widely considered to have the best quick service meals of the Value resorts
- dedicated bus line means you aren’t having to stop at other resorts going to/from the parks
- slightly more expensive then other Value resorts
- VERY cartoon-themed, which might not be your thing
Still cartoon-like, but focused more on some fun, historical fads vs. squarely on Disney characters. Pop Century also has decent dining for quick-service.
- if you aren’t big into Disney-cartoon-specifc theming, this is a good choice (but still cartoony and heavily themed, make no mistake)
- guests like the quick service food options vs. some of the other Value resort options
- dedicated bus line means no stopping at other resorts for pick up and drop off
- same as any Value resort drawback noted at the beginning of this post